Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 15 Feb 2019
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a scale 3/4 Assistant Arborist to work for their client based in Enfield.
The successful candidate must attend an interview before start working.
Working Hours: 07:30am- 16:45pm, Monday to Friday
Duties as an assistant arborist:
- The successful arborist must ensure the parks and other open spaces throughout the borough are attractive, clean, safe and welcoming always.
- Offer support to the Senor Arborist and Supervisor in daily arboriculture duties.
- In the absence of the senior arborist or supervisor you will be expected to undertake climbing operation to a level to match your qualification and experience.
- Work under direct supervision of the Senior Arborist or Supervisor and to comply with industry best standards Health and Safety and legislation.
- Work closely to support and receive guidance from the Senior Arborist and Team Supervisor in order to carry out ground-based arboriculture operations.
- To support and receive guidance from the Senior Arborist and Supervisor in order to carry out aerial arboriculture operations.
- The successful arborist is required to respond quickly and effectively to frequently changing circumstances and to manage conflicting priorities.
- Traveling to sites with the team and be physically able to manage works instructed to the team.
- To drive vehicles up to 3.500kg as required - prior to use, inspect the vehicle to ensure that it is in a road-worthy condition, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation, and to report any defects immediately to your line manager.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure that appropriate level of quality is achieved throughout all stages of the projects that the post holder is responsible for.
- You may be required to make decisions under pressure and to deal with any potential conflicts that may arise.
- To have knowledge in the principles and practices of all arboriculture operations, for example planting, pruning (crown thinning and reducing), felling, stump removal and pest and disease control.
- To have knowledge in the use and maintenance of all hand tools and associated equipment used in arboriculture operations to include climbing and rigging equipment, ropes and ladders.
- To have knowledge in the use and maintenance of all powered tools used in arboriculture operations, to include chain saws, winches, wood chippers, MEWP and stump grinders.
- To be able to work on trees of a height and size that matches your level of ability and experience.
- To comply with all relevant Council policies and guidelines, to include health and safety, code of conduct, etc
- To undertake appropriate training as required keeping up to date with current legislation.
- To undertake any other duties considered reasonable that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified and experienced to carry out chainsaw maintenance
- Qualified and experienced to use small chainsaw to cross-cut and stack timber
- Qualified and experienced in felling and processing small trees
- Qualified and experienced to perform aerial rescues
- Qualified and experienced in use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness at height-. Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Full Driving Licence
The successful arborist is required to have proven knowledge and experience in working as part of a Tree Surgery team within Public locations within corporate ownership.
Experience in undertaking Arboricultural management works reading and understanding specifications reading maps, understanding legislation relevant to the role.
Relevant technical qualification in arboriculture works and management, or a related discipline
- 5years references
- Full and Current UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this vacancy, please give us a call on 01707 664211