Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Date: 15 Feb 2019
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for administrative officer to work for their client based in Slough.
The successful candidate will provide a confidential and effective administrative and project support role to the Team/Service.
Responsibilities and duties as an administrative officer:
- To provide confidential, administrative support to the company
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Diary management, arrangement of meetings, prioritising and answering routine correspondence and e-mails as directed.
- To contribute to the development of effective Education and Children’s Services business partnerships, both internal and external, through establishing good customer relationships and by delivering high quality support services.
- To support the (Team/Service) in the co-ordination and direction of corporate and/or directorate tasks and activities.
- To support the project work of the team / service, to prepare research material and collate data as required.
- To support the development of administrative processes and systems for the (Team/Service, to maintain such systems effectively and ensure data quality and accuracy.
- To respond to routine telephone & written enquiries on behalf of the (Team/Service) as appropriate.
- To word process documents and produce presentations.
- To attend meetings, take minutes, circulate documents and follow up action as necessary.
- To undertake a range of business support functions e.g. processing invoices, raising purchase orders, placing orders and processing expenses claims/mileage claims as necessary, maintaining and reviewing cost centre budget spreadsheets and providing budget monitoring information and coordinating monthly / weekly returns and rotas.
- To support and oversee other staff as required.
- To provide administrative cover across the Directorate as required.
- To undertake any other administrative tasks which are commensurate to the grade of the post
Experience, Knowledge skills & abilities required:
-Previous experience of supporting and overseeing staff.
-Understanding of good customer service
-Understanding of and commitment to Equality and Diversity.
-Some knowledge of local government
-Previous administrative skills at a high level.
-Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
-Ability to undertake research and project work.
-Good IT skills for utilising the Internet including accurate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy in dealing with data.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work using own initiative.
-Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- The successful candidate must be educated to GCSE or equivalent level with a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Office skills-based qualifications such as RSA, Pitmans, NVQ Business Administration Level 3, BTEC or equivalent.
- 5 years’ work reference
- Full time can be offered to the right candidates
Working hours: 09:00am to 17:30pm
If you are interested in this position, please call us on 01707664211.