Understanding career goals and aspirations is a part of how we help our candidate’s secure new and challenging opportunities. We want you to be successful in your job search and we want to help make the transition smooth and as stress-free as possible. Let us help you simplify your job search.View urgent job roles from BSS RECRUITMENTS and apply now:
Business Support Officer
Date: 15 Feb 2019
BBS recruitment is currently for a business support officer to work for our client based in Lambeth.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive customer care, administrative and financial support service for the Public Realm (excluding Parking) Department, at all times ensuring that the service is responsive, and customer focused in approach.
Duties and responsibilities as a business support officer:
- To undertake a full range of administrative duties as required, including typing, photocopying, filing, maintaining the stationery supply, and ensuring the maintenance of office equipment and collection and distribution of post.
- To draft and send standard letters to customers in relation to the activities of Public Realm (excluding Parking).
- To provide support and assistance to other members of the team, planning and managing cover between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, including taking on additional tasks, as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the office (ensuring workloads are prioritised and resources are managed)
- To respond to telephone enquiries from residents and other callers regarding all issues dealt with by the Public Realm (excluding Parking) team.
- To arrange meetings, including accommodation and refreshments as necessary and to circulate agendas and information and to record and distribute minutes of meetings as and when required.
- To be responsible for the administration of communication systems between Environmental Services and Highways Agents, the Environment Call Centre and contractors, raising appropriate inspection or works order requests.
- To record all correspondence, including enquiries and complaints using the appropriate system to enable accurate enquiry tracking and provide accurate statistical information.
- To take any necessary action to ensure that enquiries are dealt with efficiently and appropriately and that as many as possible are resolved at first point of contact to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To assume lead responsibility for an area of work within the business support team.
- To assist in the administration of operational processes for the Business unit liaising with field staff and service managers.
- To ensure that processing information and requests onto IT systems is completed within agreed timeframes, work is undertaken to a high standard to meet deadlines and that backlogs do not develop.
- To monitor the office environment ensuring the area is kept tidy and meets H&S and fire regulations and that any maintenance issues are reported.
- To monitor the receipt of services and check the receipt of goods against goods received notes and purchase orders and to ensure that receipt is recorded in the financial information system to enable the invoice matching and payment process.
- To comply with the client’s standing Orders, Financial Regulations and financial practices in relation to all matters and to observe the Data Protection Act.
- To provide statistical information for inclusion in committee reports, member’s enquiries and other reports as directed.
- To act as mentor to new team members and assist with training, monitoring and supervision of new team members if appropriate to service.
Experience, Knowledge skills & abilities required:
- Versatile IT skills with knowledge of standard office computer software and ability to use it proficiently including word-processing, databases and spreadsheets, with the ability to learn and train others on new software packages. (Knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred).
- The ability to word process documents with accuracy.
- The ability to work with numbers accurately
- Experience of providing a secretarial/administrative service within a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- Experience of first point of call of front-line service delivery.
- Experience of providing a range of administrative support, preferably in a multi-disciplinary organisation such as a local authority.
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Good decision maker
- 3 years’ work reference
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Weekly pay
- Overtime available
Working hours: 09:00am to 17:00pm