BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker in a temp position for our client in Bradford. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role. As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role. Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you just enjoy your hard-earned money each week. Training and development opportunities that meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES FOR A SOCIAL WORKER
·Undertake preventative work with service users to diminish safeguarding concerns.
·Manage a caseload, exercising complex decision making in line with professional criteria and making sure that case work is appropriately planned, critically evaluated and reviewed.
·Engage effectively with situations of increasing complexity and challenge including multi-agency input, complex family organisational dynamics, multiple problems/disadvantages, multiple significant risk factors, and the need to consider the public interest.
· Ensure appropriate care for service users ensuring the best use of existing mainstream and specialist resources and demonstrating innovation with these resources where appropriate.
·Accept responsibility for and supervision of service users who are provided with care services and undertake expert and robust review of such cases.
· Provide expert witness and give evidence to court and other relevant bodies as required, including giving evidence in court in proceedings, and including the presentation of reports and applications for appropriate Legal Orders.
· Identify and act on your learning needs to participate continuously in professional development opportunities, including regular supervision and appraisal, in line with Social Work registration and HCPC standards.
· Apply Social Work ethical principles and values to guide your professional practice and decision-making including partnership, consultation and the participation of service users.
·Undertake preventative work with service users to diminish safeguarding concerns, investigating concerns of significant harm and making appropriate use of legislation to safeguard and promote the welfare of service users.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR A SOCIAL WORKER
-Experience of direct work with Children and Families
-Use own initiative
· Develop knowledge in one or more specialist areas of my practice. I continue to expand and consolidate my knowledge to inform connections between my specialisms and other settings or fields of practice.
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of appropriate legal and policy frameworks and guidance that inform and mandate social work practice. Apply legal reasoning, using professional legal expertise and advice appropriately, recognising where scope for professional judgement exists.
· Recognise the short and long-term impact of psychological, socio-economic, environmental and physiological factors on people’s lives, considering age and development, and how this informs practice.
· Understand the value of systemic approaches and how they can be used to work with a person or family in their environment, social context and relationships, and inform my practice and that of others.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS NEEDED
Children’s and Adults Barred Lists check
2 Years Reference
To apply for this job email your details and attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org