BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Income Recovery Officer (LBR8)) in a temp position for our client in Redbridge. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Primary Job Function an Income Recovery Officer
• The collection of a range of sundry debts owed to the Consumer Protection and licensing team at Redbridge Council
• Submission of unpaid Civil Penalty Notices (small claims) on Government debtor system.
• Production of new invoices, adjustments and amendments collection issues and good client liaison skills
• Chasing up unpaid debts and take steps to mitigate write offs.
• Attend monthly financial meetings with performance updates.
• Chase up unpaid property licence fees
• Refer larger unpaid debts to Debt Recovery Agency to reduce amount of write offs.
• To assist in any ad hoc tasks that will bring in income to the service.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
• Administer invoices and letters confidently on the financial software Ash Debtors system.
• Use Verso Rocktime (Property Licensing software) and CIVICA APP database.
• Negociate effective payment plans (via mediation) in conjunction with Enforcement officers/Principals/Management
• Take telephone payments and submit via Civica Pay and update case file/records.
• Follow set recovery process and liaising with client service areas, debt colectors, legal, solicitors and next of kin.
• Contribute to the aims and objectives of the team, helping to develop policies and procedures to improve the service.
• An ability to multi-task, determine and react quickly to changing priorities is essential.
• Charging unpaid debts and rechargeable works to land registry and reconciling such debt once property is sold.
• Keep and maintain a register of all debts showing their status in TEAMS.
• Occasional Freedom of Information response (FOI)
3 Years References
BPSS Verification Record
To apply for this job email your details and attached CV to email@example.com